Frequently Asked QuestionsHere are some common questions about Family Food
How do I sign up for a visit at work?
- Visit www.familyfoodllc.com and click on “Book Now” in the upper right corner.
- Select “Work”
- Register or Log In
- When the map appears, click on your state and enter your company name into the “Enter Company” box.
- Select the service
- Click on the date and time you want to book.
- Fill in requested info, submit, and be sure to confirm your appointment.
If you have questions about Family Food Nutrition Counseling Philadelphia, contact 800-203-8657 or email us at email@example.com.
What will I talk about with the dietitian?
At your first visit, the Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) will learn from you what you would like to focus on in the nutrition counseling sessions. The RDN will learn about the experiences you’ve had with health and nutrition in the past as well as your vision for your future. You can work together to set nutrition goals and create strategies, ask any questions you may have, or if you are completely unsure, your RDN will guide you through the session.
What is the difference between a dietitian and nutritionist?
Registered Dietitians Nutritionists are the nutrition experts. The term “nutritionist” is used loosely compared with Registered Dietitians Nutritionists who are required to have a degree in nutrition and complete a nutrition residency program providing them with years of nutrition experience and expertise.
How long is the nutrition counseling session?
Where will I meet my Dietitian?
How many sessions will I have with my Registered Dietitian Nutritionist?
Can I bring another person with me to the appointment?
Why do people meet with a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist?
- You have diabetes, cardiovascular problems or high blood pressure. A Family Food Registered Dietitian serves as an integral part of your health care team by helping you safely change your eating plan without compromising taste or nutrition.
- You are thinking of having or have had gastric bypass surgery. Since your stomach can only manage small servings, it’s a challenge to get the right amount of nutrients in your body. A Family Food Registered Dietitian will work with you and your physician to develop an eating plan for your new needs
- You have digestive problems. A Family Food Registered Dietitian will work with your physician to help fine-tune your diet so you are not aggravating your condition with fried foods, too much caffeine or carbonation.
- You’re pregnant or trying to get pregnant. A Family Food Registered Dietitian can help make sure you get nutrients like folate, especially during the first three months of pregnancy, lowering your newborn’s risk for neural tube or spinal cord defects.
- You have a food sensitivity or allergy. A Family Food Registered Dietitian will help you identify which ingredients and foods you should avoid and which foods are still safe for you to eat and enjoy.
- You are concerned about your child or teenagers’ eating and health. A Family Food Registered Dietitian can advise you on getting your child to eat healthfully.
- You need to gain or lose weight. A Family Food Registered Dietitian can suggest additional calorie sources for healthy weight gain or a restricted-calorie eating plan plus regular physical activity for weight loss while allowing you to still eat all your favorite foods.
- You’re caring for an aging parent. A Family Food Registered Dietitian can help with food or drug interaction, proper hydration, special diets for hypertension and changing taste buds for aging parents.
- You want to eat smarter. A Family Food Registered Dietitian can help you sort through misinformation; learn how to read labels at the supermarket; discover that healthy cooking is inexpensive; and learn how to eat out without ruining your eating plan and how to resist workplace temptations.
- You want to improve your performance in sports. A Family Food Registered Dietitian can help you set goals to achieve results — whether you’re running a marathon, skiing or jogging with your dog.
- You want to engage in corporate wellness. Family Food also promotes corporate wellness because we our dedicated to improving individual health and wellness in the workplace. For more information about Philadelphia corporate wellness, visit Corporate Wellness Nutrition by Family Food, LLC.