Kale is gaining more and more attention from health enthusiasts- and for a good reason! Not only is kale delicious, it is loaded with the nutrients you and your family needs. Kale is rich in Vitamins A, C, and K which can contribute to a healthy immune system. The leafy green also contains potassium, iron, and fiber!
Kale can be cooked in a variety of ways. Here are a few recipes that will allow you to get your daily dose of this celebrity vegetable:
Kale Chips (it is scary how much these taste like actual chips!):
1 bunch kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Using kitchen shears or just your hands, tear the leaves from the stems into bite size pieces.
3. Wash the leaves thoroughly in a colander and pat dry.
4. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
5. Bake until crisp, about 10-15 minutes
Kale Banana Smoothie:
2 cups kale
1 cup ice
1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
1 cup low fat milk
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth!